Helpful Tips for Attending Continuing Education Sessions
- If you are attending a session for CE, make sure your convention badge is scanned when you enter the classroom and when you leave the classroom. If your badge is not scanned, you will not receive CE for the session. By regulation, we are required to monitor and document attendance and we use the badges/scanners to manage this process.
- Plan on arriving at the session as early as possible. We recommend arriving at least 15 minutes early for CE sessions to ensure you get a seat.
- Please note that if you arrive more than 15 minutes late to a session the doors will be closed. You may go in – space permitting – but you will not be able to receive continuing education credit for the session.
Getting the Most out of the Sessions
- Turn off your smart phone, iPad, etc. Read the program and highlight those sessions you are interested in attending.
- Re-read the description of the session. List your goals and expectations for the session.
- Listen with the intent to really learn and improve your business. Ask meaningful questions.
- Continually ask yourself how you can use this information “on the job.” Take good notes.
- Consider how you can share this information with other team members.
- Watch out for information overload! Filter out the fluff and focus on the key ideas that YOU can take away and implement in your business.
- Use the information you learn at Triple Play to plan new strategies and be prepared to implement them for the new year.
Enjoying Yourself at the Convention
- Although there are several restaurants near the Atlantic City Convention Center, we suggest you consider “brown bagging” it or bringing snacks with you if you are planning on attending back-to-back sessions for continuing education credit. A lounge area featuring coffee, soft drinks, snacks and lunch items will be available for purchase at the rear of the exhibit floor, Halls B/C, Level 2. Coffee, tea, soft drinks and snacks will be available at the Tri-State Lounge, Room #319 and the Rock Bar will be open on the Atrium Level. Remember: if you are more than 15 minutes late to any CE session you will not be able to receive credit!
- Dress comfortably and in layers. Some rooms are warm; others are cold. Wear comfortable shoes.
- The Expo can be overwhelming if you don’t have a plan. Look at the list of vendors and decide which you really want to talk to. Plan how you want to walk through the Expo based on your selections. Then, as time permits, talk to the other vendors.
- Pace yourself. You probably won’t be able to do everything you plan on doing.
- Network, network, network! Always have your business cards handy. Keep them in your badge holder for easy access.
- Introduce yourself to someone you don’t know. Talk about what they’ve learned or what they’re planning on doing. Who has been their favorite speaker so far?
- Make it a point to meet new people to expand your referral base and get new ideas. Avoid spending all of your time with people you already know.
- Visit the hotel and travel page for a map of Atlantic City, parking map additional transportation needs.