Real estate licensees often ponder why an appraiser asks certain questions and how they arrive at a value conclusion. This course will explore the background on the types of appraisals performed. Students will learn about how an appraiser develops a sales comparison approach to value and how the appraiser selects comparables. Discussion will include specialty situations such as those completed for unique styles of homes. Students will learn about the new mandated requirements for appraisers including how to enter the profession. Discussion will include the Appraisal Independence Requirements of the Dodd Frank Financial Reform Legislation and also Fannie Mae’s Collateral Underwriter program and the unintended consequences of each.
- New Jersey Real Estate - 3 Elective Credits
- New York Real Estate - 3 Credits
- Pennsylvania Real Estate - 3 Credits
- New Jersey Appraisal - 3 Credits
- New York Appraisal - 3 Credits
- Pennsylvania Appraisal - 3 Credits